methane CH4 is a potent greenhouse gas ghg. Its presence in the atmosphere affects the earth's temperature and climate system. Methane is the primary component of fossil gas.

methane burns to give off carbon dioxide and water, and the problem is not the water. The carbon dioxide creates ghg which is heating the Earth which is producing a hyper climate which is causing wildfires and floods, drought and sea level rise, hurricanes and heat waves.

ghg: electricity and heat production; the burning of coal, fgas, and oil for electricity and heat is the largest single source of global greenhouse gas emissions.

methane CH4 sources
  • agriculture
  • oil and gas

anthropogenic is human-caused. agriculture is the biggest anthropogenic source of methane worldwide, closely followed by leaks from oil and gas fields. And while 60% of global methane emissions come from human activities, the remaining 40% comes from natural sources, including permafrost and wetlands, which are thawing rapidly.

the fossil fuel sector requires better control of leak events by inspection, detection, and repair, capture and reuse of vented gas, and treatment of abandoned mines.

sources of anthropogenic methane
ghg hello _ burning creates ghg

toxic gases that we put in the atmosphere are creating a greenhouse effect, which is warming the planet. The sun's light shines onto the surface, while the gases trap the heat that reflects back from the surface inside the Earth's atmosphere. The greenhouse gases absorb the infrared radiation energy. This warming climate will eventually make the Earth uninhabitable. The world is getting hotter and hotter by the year.

when burned as fuel, methane is a leading source of carbon emissions. Methane burns to give off carbon dioxide and water, and the problem is not the water.

methane is more damaging to the environment than carbon dioxide.

gas from Russia
pipes labeled 'gas' Gazprom

the US and European Union pledged a 30% cut to methane emissions by 2030 from 2020 levels. Cutting methane emissions is our best chance of keeping in reach of the 1.5 degrees Celsius target in the short term.

Permian basin North America environmental concerns

poor indoor air quality

residential gas stovetops produce unhealthy indoor air. unhealthy air in your home. Did you know that these gas systems leak even when the burners are turned off?

ever wonder why they flare the gas rather than capture it?

flaring methane causing climate crisis
dark sky, dark land / are we curbing methane emissions from oil and gas, are we restoring methane regulations?

Methane CH4 is a hydrocarbon that is the primary component of fossil gas. Methane is one of the most potent agents of climate damage, gushing up by the ton from countless uncapped oil and gas rigs, and emitting from ngas pipelines and massive oil and gas facilities.

methane leaks

Oil and gas sites are a climate menace

China, India and Russia, with the United States, are the nations that emit the most climate-damaging gases from the production and burning of oil, natural gas and coal.

FLIR image shows the gas that humans cannot see
methane flames FLIR
the special FLIR image on the right shows the gas that we cannot see

FLIR camera shows what we cannot see, confirming the tons of methane that is emitted into the atmosphere everyday through oil and gas production and transportation.

methane flames FLIR
FLIR image of methane at a super emitter in Texas

methane is a dangerous toxic air pollutant, and it produces a foul smell to alarm your senses. Although humans cannot see it in the atmosphere, special FLIR images can show the shocking amount of methane emitted from oil and gas facilities.

methane CH4 is a superpotent greenhouse gas. Methane has a bigger impact then carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Ground-level ozone smog is made of methane, a dangerous air pollutant, and a toxic contributor to climate change. #cutmethane.

bad as coal

methane aka "natural gas" is marketed to the public as the new "clean" fossil fuel. methane is a superpotent ghg. Methane leaks. It is as bad for the planet as burning coal.

CO2 carbon dioxide is a potent ghg. Global levels of carbon dioxide CO2 passed 400ppm, while 100ppm is considered an unhealthy amount of greenhouse gas.

CH4 methane is a superpotent ghg. methane is 87 times more potent than carbon dioxide in terms of creating a greenhouse effect. Methane is a key ingredient in the formation of ground-level ozone (smog), a dangerous air pollutant, and a toxic contributor to climate change. #cutmethane.


methane CH4 is the main component of fracked gas.

human-caused methane emissions can be reduced this decade.   What is the cost of your beef burger?

Global methane assessment

human-caused methane emissions can be reduced this decade.

c   @cocomas   For sale   all of our external communications are supported and cross connected through our website